Laconica (pronounced “luh-KAWN-ih-kuh”) is a Free and Open Source microblogging and information portal and platform. It helps people in a community, company or group to exchange short (140 character) messages over the Web and follow the latest news related to online marketing, SEO, Web, management softwares and advancement in information technology. Users can choose which people to “follow” and receive only their friends’ or colleagues’ status messages. It provides a similar service to sites like Twitter, Jaiku, and Plurk.
This websites digital marketing, web design & search engine optimization is done by seo toronto company!
- 07/15/2009 – Laconica 0.8.0 release.
- 06/25/2009 – Identica updated to 0.8dev <– Experiencing issues? See if they’re being worked on here.
- 06/22/2009 – Laconica 0.7.4 released.
- 04/07/2009 – Laconica 0.7.3 released.
- 03/11/2009 – Laconica 0.7.2.1 released.
- 02/16/2009 – SF East Bay Laconica / OpenMicroBlogging Hackfest
- 02/06/2009 – Laconica 0.7.1 released.
- 01/30/2009 – Laconica 0.7.0 released.
- 01/15/2009 – Laconica has moved from DARCS to GIT for version control [http://gitorious.org/projects/laconica/repos/mainline]
- 12/15/2008 – Laconica 0.6.4 released.
- 11/23/2008 – Laconica 0.6.3 released.
- 11/18/2008 – Laconica 0.6.2 released.
- 10/06/2008 – Laconica 0.6.1 released.
- 09/22/2008 – Laconica 0.6.0 released.
- 08/25/2008 – SECURITY FIX for post-0.5.0 (darcs) versions. ALL PRODUCTION SERVERS SHOULD UPDATE IMMEDIATELY. See SecurityAlertOne
- 08/10/2008 – Added the DevNotes page, beginning with a description of some ticket housekeeping (kshep)
- 08/09/2008 – The wiki has been secured. You’ll need to register in order to make any changes.(kshep)
- 08/08/2008 – Outgoing email is now working. If you haven’t already verified you email, please click the link to resend your verification. (evan)
- Source – How to get the source for the software
- Installation – Installing Laconic
- API – How to build tools to talk to Laconica
- Apps – Applications and tools that work with Laconica
- TracGuide – Built-in Documentation for Trac (This system with wiki and bug database)